Monday, October 15, 2012

Man Cave Updates

This was the third bedroom that is slowly being turned into the man cave. We kept all of the paneling and pulled up the old carpet.
Here is the view so far. Lots of animals and a recliner. We used an old trunk that was my grandfather's actual travel trunk as a side table. It is sitting on a stool to create a side table.
Here is another angle before.
 Here it is now. Still some progress to be made but getting there! The rug is a plush off-white shag rug that I found at Pottery Barn outlet. It works perfectly in there.
 I used the same frame for the picture of my dad and his "man cave" custom art work that my friend Hillary designed. They work great in there!

We used the old den book shelf in between the windows to house some of my dad's books and his collection of ducks. It will probably be painted eventually to give some contrast from the wood walls. There will also eventually be some shades to replace the mini blinds currently in the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment