Monday, February 4, 2013

More Pictures in the Den

In the last den post, I shared how we had started a frame wall.
Recently we finally added a top layer to finish out the grouping. I love how it turned out. I had also mentioned that the lighting would be added. There was not much room by the window so a Target floor lamp did the trick. The lamp on the left is a TJ Maxx find!
We also needed something over the recliner. This watercolor print of downtown Jackson, MS by Wyatt Waters was originally from a calendar I believe. At some point my grandparens had it signed. Jackson is where my mom grew up. He is a local Clinton artist, so there are several personal things attached to this picture.
 This is how the space looked without it.
Much better! The natural wood frame doesn't compete with the gold frames in the room.
A tip for "custom" framing without the cost: Pick out a frame from Hobby Lobby when they are 50% off. bring your print in and ask them to make a matte to fit both the picture and the frame (usually around $10). This frame was $24.99 so after 50% off the total was around $23! Compared to the over $100 price tag that usually comes with framing, this is a steal. I use this little trick for my clients a lot, and they always appreciate the savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment