Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Rocking chair re-do

The rocker in the den has been around for, well, no one is really sure. But it definitely needed some TLC...here it is to the right of my brother and my grandmother, apparently dressed as some version of a soldier from the War of Independence? Who knows...just a guess. She was always a good sport. Regardless, this was very early 90's.

 And here it was last week. Notice the changes? Right, because there aren't any. It looks exactly the same!
First I took off the cushions. I decided to ditch the droopy back cushion but kept the bottom one and re-covered it. Then I painted it with some left over paint from this dresser project.

 I then measured the ruffle and made a new one by using the old one as a pattern. I safety pinned it to the cushion in a few places to keep it in place.
Hopefully this picture makes more sense. This was fabric that I already had on-hand. Then I sanded the paint down around the edges when dry.
 I also used one of my grandmother's old pillow forms and sewed an accent pillow in place of the back cushion with some fabric that I had on-hand. It definitely got a nice update!
Hopefully Oma would approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment