Monday, August 6, 2012

Guest Bedroom: Dresser Re-do.

You may not have noticed this dresser because it blended in with the walls!
Needless to say, it was in need of some major help.
You can see because of where the pulls were just how faded this piece was.

I am a firm believer that distressed furniture should be sparsely used in a home (it can easily become too much), and not in every home! But because of the cottage look that we have going, distressing was the perfect treatment for this piece.
I used Sherwin Williams "Pearly white" in laytex semi-gloss (about 2 coats). This piece used about half a quart. I kept the top unpainted and simply spruced it up with some scratch oil.
Once the paint was dry, I simply sanded the edges of the drawers to let the wood show through. I used the original pulls...just wiped clean.
What a difference some paint can make!!

No comments:

Post a Comment