Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Living Room: Updating the Secretary

This secretary previously sat in the den, and has been in the family for quite some time. It is really dark inside the shelves, but we didn't want to alter it permanently.
So I went through my fabric stash and found a print that would work in this room. Then I used an old cardboard box and cut it to size. I used painters tape to attach the fabric to the cardboard...kind of like reupholstering with no staples.
I then removed the shelves and stuck the cardboard against the back. Then I put the shelves back in place. It became the perfect place for all of Oma's crystal!
It's hard to get a good picture without a reflection...I'll try again when it's not sunny (if that ever happens). The glass needs repairing, but other than that it looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment